Thursday, January 6, 2011

Communion: Three in One

I did this triptych for Hot Metal Bridge Faith Community a little while ago (I'll be updating some past fine art projects I've done in the last year or so, since i just gathered some photos of them) they asked me to put together a symbol of the trinity on tables, that would hang on the wall, and used on occasion. I along with two other artists in the community did table series. the other themes were the process of making bread and of making wine. there was something i found so beautiful about having art apart of a more utilitarian purpose. the tables hang on the wall for aesthetic purposes, but then the "walls" are taken down, to be used for community gathering; it's such a beautiful picture to me of what "communion" is. take down the walls and just sit and share together.