Saturday, December 25, 2010

"The Rooke Brothers" oil painting by Dylan Rooke





Its been 7 years since I tried my skills at an oil painting, and man do i miss it. the way they spread together just seem to melt on the canvas; it's so much fun to work with. it took me a little while just to figure out how the methods work again, but after some messing around, i seemed to pick up right where i left off. i really hope to be getting to do a lot more of this sort of thing in the future. I'm really going to try my hardest this next year to get back into the art flow; It's part of the reason i started this blog, to get me motivated to get my art out to the world, to actually do what I've desired to do for a career, whatever that means. it's been refreshing, this new burst of art energy. I did this painting for my parents for Christmas and a made several prints for my brothers and family. it was a lot of fun and sure beats going to some store and buying something out of a sense of obligation. it was good to have Christmas as a deadline, but ultimately i need to get into a better habit of setting my own deadlines and better managing my time for art productivity, amongst other priorities. well, to all the rest of you, a very merry Christmas. peace, joy and love to you in this season of advent.